Monday, July 9, 2012

What is Different With Darla in Spokane

With the summer rushing by I have been asking myself, "How is it different with Darla Living in Spokane for the summer (actually she is in Hayden, ID).
Here is a quick but not all encompassing list:

* I'm always the last one up in the morning, which according to our agreement means I always have to make the bed.
* it is always my turn to make dinner
* I no longer wonder who didn't flush
* It is safe to say Darla wasn't the one who finished the ice cream
* it is my turn to feed the dog, every time
* I can listen to my music as loud as I want, as long as I want
* if I wanted, I could smoke my cigars in the house. I don't, but I could
* There is no question who didn't do the dishes.
* If I run out of clean clothes it is because I didn't do the wash.
* Every chore is my chore
* yep, it was me who left the lights on.
* I get to be in charge of the remote control. Wait, I was in control even when Darla was home.

It seems in some ways determining who will do what has become greatly simplified. Can't wait for things to become a little more complex again.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment